Some tips I have for keeping stress levels at bay!! =)
- Write things down - Writing things down can get it off your mind.. if it’s down on paper, you don’t have to stress about remembering to get it done! It can also keep you organized.
- Sleep! - Without enough sleep, our bodies and brains can’t function at their highest level.
- Shut off your technology - Sometimes being unreachable can be very relaxing. Shut off your phone and computer and go for a walk or to the mall. Spend some time disconnected.
- Read - Read a book, a magazine, a newspaper… disappearing into literature can be soothing and take you away from the stress for awhile, while still exercising your mind!
- Schedule “me time” - Put an hour or so aside for yourself… just to hang out with yourself. Take a bubble bath, paint your nails, watch a movie, do something you enjoy!
- Wake up earlier - Waking up 15 minutes or more early can help you get a head start on your day. Rather than rushing around like a chicken with your head cut off, you can calmly move from one task to the next, rather than trying to
Just a reminder ;)
As most of you who have been following me for a while know, I post a VARIETY of things.. nutrition tips/facts, fitness tips/facts, health tips/facts, workouts, recipes, health & beauty tips and general motivation and positive quotes. I love hearing all the nice feedback from you girls and it makes me want to improve my blog THAT much more. I want to help each and every one of you reach your health and fitness related goals as much as I can =)
So I’m curious… of the things I post, what are your favorites? What would you like to see more of?
I keep getting this question, so I thought I’d share my usual response:
Often girls ask me how I eat to I get in the shape I’m in and are usually horrified when I tell them what my diet DOESN’T include. I don’t eat fruit or dairy. For some reason, people get really worked up and upset when they find this out. I try to explain that for my body, foods high in sugar make it EXTREMELY difficult for me to lean out. Most of the people I have encountered in the fitness industry tend to avoid fruit and dairy as well. This is just the easiest way we have found to stay/get lean. Everyone’s bodies respond differently to different foods though, so I’m sure there are some people who can remain lean while still eating these things.
I’m not recommending that anyone stop eating fruit or dairy. (I say this to avoid getting any more crazy fruit lovers messaging me hate mail! lol). It’s not that these foods aren’t healthy.. it’s just that they can make leaning out difficult. If you love your fruit and dairy, by all means keep eating them. But if you are trying to lean out and have been finding it difficult, you might want to try cutting down on these.