sometimes when i see a shooting star
i close my eyes and wish i was beyonce.
For example, healing your body from the inside, giving you energy, making your skin glow, keeping your eyes strong and so much more.
Sometimes you slip, the most important thing is to get back up :)
Don’t be discouraged by your yesterdays and tomorrows, make today beautiful :)
Use these tips to keep stretching safe:
- Don’t consider stretching a warm-up. You may hurt yourself if you stretch cold muscles. So before stretching, warm up with light walking, jogging or biking at low intensity for five to 10 minutes. Or better yet, stretch after you exercise when your muscles are warmed up.
- Focus on major muscle groups. When you’re stretching, focus on your calves, thighs, hips, lower back, neck and shoulders. Also stretch muscles and joints that you routinely use at work or play.
- Don’t bounce. Bouncing as you stretch can cause small tears in the muscle.
- Don’t aim for pain. Expect to feel tension while you’re stretching, not pain. If it hurts, you’ve pushed too far. Back off to the point where you don’t feel any pain, then hold the stretch.
- Make stretches sport specific. Some evidence suggests that it’s helpful to do stretches tailored for your sport or activity. If you play soccer, for instance, you’re more vulnerable to hamstring strains. So opt for stretches that help your hamstrings.
- Keep up with your stretching. Stretching can be time-consuming. But you can achieve the best benefits by stretching regularly, at least two to three times a week.
- Bring movement into your stretching. Gentle movement can help you be more flexible in specific movements. The gentle movements of tai chi, for instance, may be a good way to stretch.
Read on here for more! =)
Just a reminder ;)
As most of you who have been following me for a while know, I post a VARIETY of things.. nutrition tips/facts, fitness tips/facts, health tips/facts, workouts, recipes, health & beauty tips and general motivation and positive quotes. I love hearing all the nice feedback from you girls and it makes me want to improve my blog THAT much more. I want to help each and every one of you reach your health and fitness related goals as much as I can =)
So I’m curious… of the things I post, what are your favorites? What would you like to see more of?
Get up and get moving girls!!!!
- 10 push ups
- 10 jump squats
- 10 burpees
- 10 jump lunges
- 10 jumping jacks
- 20 crunches
Repeat 5 times (or more if you can)…. GO! =)
K so I just took this picture… I wish I had taken one yesterday so I could better illustrate my point.. but basically I keep getting questions about abs “disappearing”.
Water retention is a powerful thing. Our bodies are composed of around 70% water!!! That means, depending on a variety of factors, we could be carrying around a lot more or less water than we realize. Sometimes what seems like a 5 pound fat gain is merely water retention from consuming too much sodium and a lot of carbohydrates.
When I am water depleted or am just not puffy, you can see my abs a lot clearer than when I AM retaining water. This is my water retaining tummy.. notice no definition anywhere (in this picture I am 120 pounds, whereas I have been normally weighing in at 115)! It’s very common for fitness competitors to water deplete before shows and photoshoots to bring their best, most defined physique to the stage or the lights.
To avoid unnecessary water retention, make sure you are drinking enough water in a day and don’t overindulge in sodium! Consuming natural diuretics like spinach and asparagus can also help with water-related bloat. If you have some higher carb meals, expect that the next day, you might feel more bloated than usual. And for goodness sake, stay OFF The scale! If there was ever a time to avoid the scale, it is the day after a high-carb, high-sodium feast!
EVERYTHING burns calories… even just sitting there being alive, breathing, burns calories. But who knew being ROMANTIC could burn so many calories in so short a time!? I just saw this article by womansday.com…
- Kissing - 68 calories burned an hour
- Massaging - 80+ calories burned an hour
- Sex - 144+ calories burned per half-hour
- Dancing - 103+ calories burned per half-hour
- Making out - 238 calories burned per half-hour
I guess those are some good options to burn off all the yummy chocolates ;)
I get this question a lot…. “I’m losing weight, but my boobs are shrinking.. is there anything I can do to stop it?”
Unfortunately, no. Breast size is largely determined by genetics. In addition… breasts are made up primarily of fatty tissue and mammary glands.. so the lower your body fat percentage gets, the smaller your boobs will likely get. Doing chest exercises can help slightly by causing the pectoral muscle to grow, thus pushing the breasts out a bit… but that won’t keep them from shrinking in size as you lose weight.
For those of you who are unsure what exactly to do when you’re at the gym… and even those of you who know what you’re doing… there is an entire FREE exercise database on the Bodybuilding.com app! Download it and take it with you to the gym for reference!
If you’re looking for printable workouts, cutandjacked.com has an entire section dedicated to the workouts done by some of the top male and female fitness competitors in the business!
Interesting cellulite visual..